Saturday, May 20, 2006

More on Spinoza and Music

Message 1
From: "ethel jean saltz"
nietgal@yahoo.com

Date: Fri May 19, 2006 9:25pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: Music

Actually, the Torah Scrolls is the musical rendition of the Pentateuch.

So yes Spinoza knows music.
Today the Pentateuch can be rendered by a jazz trio: keyboard, bass, drums.
It is now transliterated into Western notation.
There always has been music, it's a form of accoustics, of sounds and silences and it's an ancient form of communications.

It's the pulse of the Earth.
When I took those two years of college music ed, starting in 1998,
the hardest college subject I ever took, I asked how music "played" in the Electro-Magnetic Spectrum.

No one could really answer me.
Recently I purchased a more intensive poster of the EMS and the creator had added music to the poster with this caveat: Music, ocean waves, brain waves
are not part of the spectrum because they require a medium in order to exist.

That improved my understanding of physics.
Just think about it.

One cannot do rock'n'roll in Iraq or Iran.
It's constituitonally prohibited.
Hitler used music politically and so did Stalin.
So did the Church from 450 to 1450.
Poetry and music have been considered a "couple," haven't they?
So I agree with Spinoza, it's that simple.

By the way, what got me to take music in the first place is my voice teacher trying to explain the Circle of Fifths.
Really magical.

Ethel Jean (Kowan) Saltz
THE BIBLE UNEARTHED -- Y'H'V'H Only!

No comments: